Friday, February 5, 2010

Gracie's Story

Not much exciting has been happening in my neck of the woods lately, so I decided to post a story about a little Blue Merle Sheltie named Gracie. I don't claim to be a great story teller, but here it goes.


My Sister-in-Law decided that a Sheltie might make a good dog breed for her daughter, my niece, Kaylie. Kaylie participates in 4-H and wanted a dog that she would be able to train and show. I already had my male Sheltie, Chet, so my Sister-in-Law asked if  I would ride with her to Chet's breeder so she could pick out a puppy for Kaylie. I had no plans of getting a new puppy myself that day, but there was one tri little girl that I just couldn't leave behind. That also turned out to be the day I got my little Sissy girl. Kaylie was trying to decide on a name for her new little puppy, so I told her the story of how the lady (Pat) from The Sheltie Shop named her little female Sheltie Gracie, because she was born just before Thanksgiving. Our Sheltie puppies were born in early January, but my niece fell in love with that name, so Gracie she became.


Gracie has become a very important member of their family and my niece loves her very much. She is a small, petite little Sheltie that is a perfect match for a young girl. Kaylie has two younger sisters and Gracie loves to run circles around the girls while they are on their swing set, or while they practice cheerleading, keeping them all herded together!


Below is Kaylie taking Gracie to a retirement center.


Gracie is also featured in my shop, The Tri-Color Sheltie Store and More!

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful that your niece and Gracie are volunteering at a nursing home. I did the same with my Sheltie, Casey - who was an uncle to my Gracie. Only Casey didn't have a uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a really neat experience when I went with her that day. I wish Sissy wasn't quite so shy, I would love to take her around to places like that.

    ReplyDelete