Sunday, January 3, 2010

This is a beautiful and easy crocheted necklace!





This is a beautiful and easy crocheted necklace made with ladder yarn. I found the yarn easily on eBay, ordered it and had it within a week. The brand of yarn I used was EROS. I used a crochet needle the size of 7 or 8.










Leave a tail of yarn about 12" long then start a chain about 60 chains long. Leave about a 12" tail of yarn at the end and cut and pull through the last chain. Do this a total of 5 times.







You then simply tie the five strands together where the chains end and then tie the end of both tails of the necklace together. The length of the tail of yarn or the number of chains could be changed to suit your taste.






Beads could be slid over the two knots at the end of the chains and fasteners could be added to the ends of the tails of the necklace if you want to make them a bit fancier or adjustable.






This necklace was made with 3 strands of chains and a pendant added. The sky is the limit with all the different colors and styles you could make with this type of pattern and it is so quick and easy. Have fun!



Colleen

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool Colleen! I will have to try that soon, hmmm, my craft neighbor friend who's 79 said she has a ton of yarn to use up. I guess I'll check out her yarn supply!
    Your blog background is very pretty too! I'll check back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's the special "ladder yarn" that makes them so pretty. It almost looks like beading when you crochet with it, but it is just simple chains. I had never heard of that type of yarn until I saw the necklaces and I haven't seen it in any stores where I live. It is easy to get online though, and very reasonable.

    ReplyDelete